Kite Dust Risk
Kite Dust – Benefits:
- Understand the potential future risk of a dust event at your site
- Allows you to plan mitigation actions ahead of time – Proactive management of risks
- Minimise disruptions to your business and optimise your operation
- Make proactive management part of your Trigger Action Response Plan (TARP)
- Empower your frontline decision makers with reliable and easy-to-understand information
Kite Dust forecasting system provides:
- Hourly forecasts out to 7-days – Revised 4 times a day
- Customised alerting thresholds to meet your site’s requirements
- Daily Toolbox report for the start of shift decision making
- Email and SMS alerts to all the key stakeholders – Swift action
- Easy to understand dashboard
- Admin Panel to customise your thresholds and user administration
- Data visualisation and download capabilities
Weather conditions are a major driver of dust emissions and dust pollution. When your business relies on earthworks, heavy machinery operating on unsealed roads or stockpiling bulk material it is important to understand the risk of creating dust pollution. Identifying your site’s Dust Risk early will enable you to reduce operationally generated dust emissions as well as dust emissions from bulk material stockpiles.
Local environmental regulations and codes are getting more stringent, in order to better control air quality. An increasing number of savvy operators are moving from reactionary dust emissions control methods to proactive dust emissions control methods.
Kite Dust is a proactive dust risk forecasting tool that predicts dust risks for your sites 7 -days ahead, giving you the upper hand to take decisive preventative action. The alerting thresholds for each site can be configured to suit the needs of the site. Taking into account the receptor locations, wind speeds, wind direction, soil moisture and the dust plumes dispersion potential. The system automatically generates a Toolbox report each morning and emails it to identified stakeholders. This is used as a daily decision-making tool at the start of every shift. Any threshold-based alerts generated by the system will be sent to a list of stakeholders who can activate your Trigger Action Response Plan (TARP). Kite’s dashboard displays the site’s forecast data in a format that is simple and easy to understand. It also allows the users to dive deeper into the detail for more advanced proactive planning purposes.