Kite Heat Risk
Kite Heat – Benefits:
- Understand the potential for thermal heat stress risk for your site ahead of time
- Allows you to plan mitigation actions ahead of time – Proactive management of risks
- Minimise disruptions to your business and protect your most valuable assets
- Make proactive management part of your Trigger Action Response Plan (TARP)
- Empower your frontline decision makers with reliable and easy-to-understand information so you can keep your staff safe
Kite Heat Risk forecasting system provides:
- Hourly forecasts out to 7-days – Revised 4 times a day
- Ability to integrate your local weather station for real-time information
- Customised alerting thresholds to meet your site’s requirements
- Daily Toolbox report for the start of shift decision making
- Email and SMS alerts to all the key stakeholders – Swift action
- Easy to understand dashboard
- Admin Panel to customise your thresholds and user administration
- Data visualisation and download capabilities
- Expert advice through consultation
Kite Heat – Forecasts the Heat Stress Risk for teams working in harsh outdoor conditions.
A combination of high ambient temperatures, humidity, radiation load, light wind and moderate to heavy workload has shown to cause Heat Stress in humans, and if not managed well can lead to Heat Strain. The number of reported cases of heat stress in Australia is increasing. This has been a combination of changes in weather patterns and also the efforts by the various regulatory bodies to bring attention to the risk and mitigation methods.
Elevated core body temperatures may cause the following illnesses:
- Heat Stroke
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Cramps
- Heat Syncope
- Heat Rash
Identifying the potential risk ahead of time is the key to managing your team’s work and rest through hot conditions.
Kite Heat accurately forecasts the likelihood of a Heat Stress Risk for your site. The forecast allows you to better plan and execute mitigation strategies for your crew. Protecting your most precious resource – Your Staff – whilst minimising disruptions to your business.
The automated and customisable alerting system makes sure that the imminent threats are communicated to the key stakeholders, so heat management plans and mitigation strategies can be activated.
Our industry experts can provide guidance and assistance in identifying and classifying the risk exposure groups. This is done through a consultation process that follows the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) methodology.