Kite Rain Risk
Kite Rain – Benefits:
- Profit from better predictions of your site’s rainfall
- Proactively manage your operation to avoid rain-related risks or take advantage of the rainfall
- Minimise damage to unsealed roads and avoid overwatering
- Manage site run-off and avoid environmental damage to local waterways
- Empower your frontline decision makers with reliable and easy-to-understand information
Kite Rain forecasting system provides:
- Hourly forecasts out to 7-days – Revised 4 times a day
- Customised alerting thresholds to meet your site’s requirements
- Daily Toolbox report for the start of shift decision making
- Email and SMS alerts to all the key stakeholders – Swift action
- Easy to understand dashboard
- Admin Panel to customise your thresholds and user administration
- Historical and forecast data visualisation and download capabilities
Get better visibility of your site’s rainfall forecast.
Industrial sectors such as Agriculture, Mining, Construction and Ports rely on the ability to accurately forecast rainfall. Rainfall can be both a benefit and a risk for many operations.
The right amount of rainfall at the right time can lead to bumper crops and better dust control. Many remote industrial operations have limited access to water and purchase trucked water during the dry season. Adequate rainfall is also critical for re-stocking operational water reserves.
Equally, unexpected and heavy rainfall can cause significant operational disruptions and also put staff at risk. Heavy rainfall causes erosion of unsealed roads, loss of production due to stoppages, and washing away topsoil as well as new seedlings.
This leads to forecasting rainfall being a critical weather element that most operations like to get a better handle on.
Kite Rain will provide you with an hourly rainfall forecast for your site. The forecast is updated 4 times a day to give you up-to-date information so that you can plan your operations to take advantage of the predicted rainfall or prevent operational delays. The data is presented in an easy-to-understand format that allows your operation to make swift decisions.